The Central Government has asked all to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar. Every account holder has to link their account with Aadhaar. Accounts not linked with Aadhaar may get deactivated. This means that no financial transaction can be done till Aadhaar gets linked to the bank accounts.
ICICI Bank has listed various methods using which bank accounts can be linked with Aadhaar:
- Phone Banking and IVR
- Internet Banking
- Branch Walk-in
Steps to Link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank Bank Account through Internet Banking
Users of internet banking may link their ICICI bank accounts to the Aadhaar using this facility very well. Yet, it is important that they get their net banking details from the bank before getting this facility. One may understand these steps for linking Aadhaar with ICICI Bank account:
- Login to your net banking account at goo.gl/SvtnSF
- In the drop down list, select your account number
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- Enter your mobile number and E-mail ID
- Tick permissions and terms and conditions
- Click on the Submit button
- Your Aadhaar number gets attached to your ICICI Bank account
Link ICICI Bank Account with Aadhaar through iMobile
Clients of ICICI bank have the privilege to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar through the iMobile app. See below to understand the steps required for ICICI bank accounts to get linked with Aadhaar via iMobile app:
- Login to your iMobile app using your 4-digit PIN or net banking credentials
- Click on “Services”
- Now select “Instabanking Services”
- Select the “Update Aadhaar” option
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Submit the request
- Your Aadhaar gets seeded to your bank account
- You receive SMS confirmation upon successful linking.
Link ICICI Bank Account with Aadhaar through SMS
Account holders from the ICICI bank can seed their accounts with Aadhaar from the convenience of their homes and prevent deactivation. Follow this process.
- Type a message in the format Aadhar12-digit Aadhar number last 6 digits of ICICI Bank Savings account number
- Send the SMS to 9215676766
- Kindly note that the mobile number used should be one registered in the bank.
- The account holder gets a confirmation SMS when seeding is successful.
- You need not go to the branch or have internet access for availing this facility.
Link ICICI Bank Account with Aadhaar through ATM
ICICI Bank has in place systems that allow linking of the bank account with Aadhaar using ATMs. Go through the following procedure to link your Aadhaar with the ICICI bank account using ATM:
- Locate an ICICI Bank ATM
- Swipe card
- Select language
- Enter ATM PIN
- Go for “More Options”
- Choose “Aadhaar Updation”
- Input your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Re-input your Aadhaar number
- Select Submit
Link ICICI Bank Account with Aadhaar through Phone Banking & IVR
ICICI Bank clients can utilise the facility of phone banking and IVR to link bank accounts with Aadhaar. This is a free process and can be completed instantly. Go through these steps to seed your bank account with Aadhaar using phone banking & IVR:
- Connect with ICICI Bank’s customer care on 1800 200 3344
- Select your desired language
- Select 1 for Banking Accounts
- Enter 12-digit account number or 16-digit debit card number
- Now enter your ATM PIN
- Once the Aadhaar message is put across, select 1 to update Aadhaar
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm
- The Aadhaar will get seeded to your bank account
- Press 5 for menu on self-banking for updating Aadhaar
Link ICICI Bank Account with Aadhaar Offline by Visiting the Branch
Some account holders might not good at using internet and mobile phones. They can follow these steps and go to the branch to link Aadhar with ICICI Bank accounts:
- Go to the nearest ICICI Bank branch
- Request for “Stay Connected” at the helpdesk
- Update the form with information – Customer ID, Account number, etc.
- In point 5, mention your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar
- Send the form along with original Aadhaar.
- There will be return of receipt from the executive and original Aadhaar post verification.
- Your Aadhaar will automatically get linked to your bank account. All clients have to link their ICICI Bank accounts with Aadhaar before the deadline ends as bank accounts of defaulters will be deactivated till they link it with Aadhar card.